Solvents of different grade:
- ACS grade solvents, meet or exceed the specifications set by the American Chemical Society. This designates a high quality chemical for laboratory use.
- ISO grade solvents
- Pharmacopeia grade solvents (Ph. Eur. USP, NF, BP), tested according to Pharmacopeia
- Spectroscopy solvents for UV-VIS and IR
- TraceSELECT™ solvents for trace and low-metal content analysis
- Chromasolv™ solvents for LC and GC
- Anhydrous solvents – the presence of water can prevent a reaction from happening or it can cause side reactions. To prevent this, anhydrous solvents must be used when performing certain reactions – for example Grignard reaction and the Wuertz reaction.