HPST webinar: Possibilities of automation of sample preparation
Subject: Possibilities of automation of sample preparation – Freestyle from the German manufacturer LCTech
Date and time:
19. 10. 2021 at 10.00 , postponed on: 9. 11. 2021 at 10.00
Lecturer: RNDr. Jindřiška Dolinová, Ph.D.
Automation in sample preparation brings several benefits, from automating the recording of processes by which the sample is processed to improving the repeatability and reproducibility of the preparation compared to manual sample preparation. One of the many products for automating sample preparation before chromatographic analysis (offered by HPST, s.r.o.) is a multifunctional Freestyle machine from the German manufacturer LCtech.
This modular system can be freely assembled and continuously supplemented with individual units, which include the following processes:
- Solid phase extraction (SPE) by technical positive pressure extraction, including the possibility of bidirectional sample dosing per column
- Concentration of the extract (EVA) by a combination of heating, vortexing and vacuum, including condensation of evaporated solvents from the concentration process
- Gel permeation chromatography (GPC) in combination with the possibility of using glass columns for gel permeation chromatography, which the user can fill himself
- Heating of the SPE column in mycotoxin analyzes and the possibility of direct dosing into a liquid chromatograph (ThermELUTE) for mycotoxin analyzes
- Direct Direct Injection Module (HPLC) dosing of the extract into a liquid chromatograph
- Automation of the QuEChERS method using the optimized arrangement of the QuEChERS method by the LCTech manufacturer in specially modified fields
- High-volume sample applications and parallel arrangement of sample preparation processes in drinking water analysis (Freestyle XANA)
The Freestyle machine enables continuous connection of individual processes performed with the sample on individual modules and work with a wide range of consumables, both in the field of chromatographic material (columns and columns) and with various types of glass. Dilution, fractionation or transfer of the sample between different types of glass for storing extracts can also be included in the sample process. All device modules are controlled by one control program.
The Freestyle machine is a long-produced and used device, which is mentioned by the user in scientific publications – here you will find selected examples:
- Determination of natural and synthetic steroids in animal urine
- Automated sample preparation – increasing efficiency in the trace analysis laboratory
- Rapid and sensitive determination of aflatoxin B1 with a limit of determination of 10 ppt
If you are interested in the offer of this machine, do not hesitate to learn more about its possibilities at the Czech webinar, which will take place on October 19, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. A video recording of the webinar will be made for possible later viewing. To participate in the webinar, you must register.
- Basic overview of the LCTech manufacturer’s offer in sample preparation machines
- The basic unit of the Freestyle machine
- Individual types of Freestyle vending machine modules and possibilities of their application use
- Optional accessories for the device
- Example of the Freestyle device control program
Webinar duration: 45 minutes
RNDr. Jindřiška Dolinová, Ph.D.
Instrumentation non Agilent and laboratory furniture of Waldner